Derek A Smith

Derek A Smith
Combative Arts Expert

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Hello and welcome to my world

Hello everyone and welcome to my blog. My name is Derek A. Smith and I have over 30 years of martial arts training in about 9 different arts and 4 black belts.  In addition to that, I have almost 30 years in Law Enforcement and Security and served in the U.S Navy as a Fighting Seabee, the U.S Air Force as a Special Agent with the Air Force Office of Special Investigations for 15 years and in the U.S Army as a CID special agent.  In addition, I have been a Federal Agent for the Defense Intelligence Agency, US Treasury Department, US Postal Service and US Department of Education.  I was a defensive tactics instructor and a firearms instructor for each of these agencies. In addition, I have a set of tapes on sale with a major martial art DVD publisher.

I say all of this to let you know that I know what I am talking about when it comes to Self Defense and Reality Based fighting.  Yes, I have fought in a lot of tournaments (placing in every one by the way) and I have been involved with the sport of martial arts.  But I have honed my skills in real combat situations and know what it takes to survive.

That is where this blog comes in.  I will constantly share my expereinces with you and hopefully ensure that you can survive any situation you may find yourself in.  Visit often.

No comments:

Post a Comment